The LSU series is a control unit for control of the prime mover in a power unit.
The LSU can control the power unit :
- in stand-alone mode, performing frequency control
- parallel with grid, performing power control
- parallel with other power units, performing frequency and power control
The unit is designed for connection to a mechanical speed governor, however in conjunction with the DEIF electronic potentiometer type EPN-110DN or EPQ-96 it can control electronic speed governors as well.
- LSU-112DG: Standard Load Sharing
- LSU-113DG: Load Sharing including reverse power protection and low power detection
- LSU-114DG: Load Sharing and automatic Start/stop outputs
- LSU-122DG: VAr Load Sharing inclusive AVR control
The LSU series has a built-in frequency transducer. If a very stable frequency is wanted, an external frequency transducer common for all the LSUs in the power plant can be connected. If a number of power units are to be synchronised to the busbar at the same time, the frequency may likewise be controlled externally.
Regulator output :
The unit is provided with two contact outputs for speed control:
Power and frequency control: The regulating speed of the servomotors for the prime mover is controlled by the built-in P controller of the LSU according to its setting for:
-TN (min. ON time): The min. duration of the control pulse when inside the proportional band Xp.
- XP (proportional band): The zone within which the pulse/pause ratio changes proportionally to the frequency/power deviation from the required value.
- TP (period time): The time between the beginnings of two subsequent relay pulses.
- Deadband: The zone within which no control pulses are emitted.
- For control of diesel and gas generators
- Built-in power and frequency transducer
- Constant power or isochronous mode
- LED indication of status
- LED indication for activated control
- 35 mm DIN rail or base mounting
Borna Niroo Karan (Bornika) is the exclusive agent of DEIF in the fields of consultation , sales and distribution of power industry products including Load sharing unit products .